Thursday, August 25, 2005

Back in the saddle again.

I never realized the redundancy of that line before this evening.

With that out of the way, I've returned to my Law Studies after a week and a half of 'vacation' pending the approval of my class transfer. Since the transfer did go through, as referenced in the previous post, I now have to catch up hour-wise with the rest of my new class.

I realized yesterday that I'm joining the class about 80 hours behind everybody else (5 and a half weeks * 18 hours per week). Consequently, I'm going to aim at getting in 30 hours a week of study time. I'm on track this week, and should catch up in less than two months. The downside of this is that - so far - I have had to stay up well past midnight each night to get enough hours in. Hopefully, things will settle out in a few weeks.

In other news, OCU Edmond is putting on 'Shakespeare in the Park: Romeo and Juliette' this weekend, and there's a group of us getting together to go see it. I'm planning on being able to make time for that, but I'll have to get in the 30 hours by dinner time on Saturday. It should be doable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it worth it? If so then you are certainly on the right track. If not...

jhjessup said...

I think it is. The alternative is either dropping out of finishing Law School, or dropping back another semester.

If I drop back another semester I'll have 7 months more of studies. I'd like to avoid that, if possible.