Friday, April 14, 2006

Tax Update:

I got an email this morning from TaxSlayer - my federal tax return was rejected.

After lunch, I filed again. It turned out that the first time around, when I was entering my W-2 information I selected "Statutory Employee" as the value for Box 13. Oddly enough, this had an effect on the total amount of taxes due- income for Statutory Employees, apparently, isn't taxed.

It looks like my return is correctly filed now, with a 50% reduction in refund. At least it's still a refund.

Edit: I've been reminded that it is possible to file as early as February. I have yet to confirm this rumor...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can file your taxes in February?!?! I thought you had to wait until the begining of April.
I guess its about time I got started on mine...

jhjessup said...

Yeah, isn't that wierd?

Shannon Jessup said...

My dad filed by Jan 1 last year. :-P