Thursday, April 13, 2006

Taxes are Filed!

I just finished filing my taxes - I started just about an hour and a half ago, and a good portion of that time was spent trying to find a link to the relevant 1099 forms on the account pages of Edward Jones and my credit union. As it turned out, Edward Jones apparently DOESN'T PUT 1099-DIV FORMS IN THE SAME SECTION AS YOUR E-STATEMENTS! THEY DON'T PUT THEM ANYWHERE! YOU HAVE TO FIND THE PAPER COPY THEY MAILED YOU THREE MONTHS AGO!

As you probably guessed, I'm a big fan of getting my account information online, as it's almost always better organized online than in real life. However, I'm getting a refund this year, so I'm a bit ambivalent at this time about how Edward Jones organzes their account information portal.

I'll probably get all worked up about it again a year from now.

I should put it on my calendar...

Edit:
I e-filed through TaxSlayer. Their free e-file page can be found here, as linked from the IRS e-file page.

2 comments:

Shannon Jessup said...

So you just couldn't find it the first time?

jhjessup said...

Find what the first time?