Thursday, June 16, 2005

News Flash: Strange Foods spotted in jhjessup's refrigerator!

Disclaimer:
The headline DOES NOT refer to strange spots growing on food in my refrigerator. Nor does it it refer to spots growwing on strange foods. Nor does it refer to normal looking spots growing on normal looking food in my refrigerator... I mean, hey, none of the spots in my refrigerator even have ocular abilities!

Last night I went out to the asian market to get come ice cream. Not just any ice cream, mind you, but special green tea flavored ice cream. While perusing the frozen treats section, I also happened upon an interesting package of popsicles - more of the ice cream on a stick type than the pop-ice type. These had an interesting and not objectionable flavor, although they looked more appetizing on the box than they did out of the box.

Overall, the ice cream had a flavor not unlike certain types of spiced pumpkin pie, if you disregarded the color... With the color factored in, I think the flavor impression was more along the lines of fresh cut alfalfa hay with lots of sweetening. The popsicles were more of a peanut type of flavor, in they were beany and nutty, but they didn;t taste like peanuts. I'd have a hard time imagining this flavor, except I ate one already.   :-)

Because of the shopping trip I had to stay up really late to finish up my paper. At 1:00am it was about finished, but needed to be read over a few times. If you've ever writen and proof-read a paper, you'll understand that one o'clock in the morning is not the time to do so.

To be continued....

No comments: