Saturday, June 11, 2005

Wow! Great Saturday!

Last night I went to a birthday party for a friend. Thus began my weekend.

Usually, when I go over to this guy's house, we end up playing games (dominos, farkle, Risk(tm), et al.) until the near reaches of the morning - 2:00, 3:00, 4:00, etc., so on Saturday I either loose my entire morning and am pretty much zapped or I get up sometime before noon and am definitely zapped. However, last night in an unprecedented move, I left the party early and got back home around 10:30 (pm, Friday night, in case you were wondering). I then spent the next three hours working on my paper.

I didn't get much written, but I got a lot of background reading+thinking done. It was going pretty well until about 1:30, when I started the main part of the reading.

Now, I enjoy reading. Reading is fun, it's enjoyable, it's something I like to do (yeah I know, that was a bit redundant). Normally. When it comes to Law Books (Proper names are always capitalized) though, I have an extraordinary ability to be wide awake right until I actually begin to look at the letters on the paper. Strange, but true. Anyway, when I began the main reading, my lucidity sort of dropped off, until at 2:00 I was pretty much beyond the reaches of consciousness.

I woke up briefly at 2:30 to find my head on top of the open book, laying on the floor, on my back. My reason might have been slightly impaired at this point, but it seemed to me to be a good idea to call it a night, which I then did.

It was a night.

I woke up sometime around 10:00, having got a decent amount of sleep for possibly the first time in several weeks. It felt great. No, it was marvelous. No, I think it was better than that. Regardless, I felt pretty good.

On to Saturday!

Well, the paper was still not done, so after a shower and morning essentials I returned to my desk. Have I mentioned yet that I really enjoy having a big desk with lots of space on it? It's a blast. I feel like I've got a home office.

I ended up not really leaving the desk until dinnertime at 5:00. After dinner and dishes I came back, and have made great progress. The paper's still not done, but it's getting real close.

Hm. There wasn't much to write on today's activities. Oh well. Did I mention that I feel great?

There was just something about being able to work in my room, fix myself breakfast (Chinese noodles - sort of like Ramen, but made from some sort of sweet potato), and generally act like a well-rested adult that really clicked with me.

Maybe I'm maturing... This could be an interesting study...

No comments: