Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Traffic Spike!

Last week I installed a statcounter on my main page - a free tracker/counter from StatCounter.

After the novelty wore off, about 36 hours later, I stopped checking on it. I mean, hey, If nobody reads my blog, there won't be any stats to look at, right? Right.

For some reason, there was a surge of activity on Friday. I have no idea what caused it, why it happened, or it it's the result of some miscalculation in the counter- but the logs show that I had 18 unique visitors on Friday, primarily running WinXP and Win2k, with a smattering of Win98, MacOS and Linux. Most of the visitors were from the US, but two were reported from overseas - onr from Portugal, and one from the Netherlands.

My best guess is that on the weekend, people like to go to random blogs.

No comments: